Annapolis Croquet Match - Information for the Media
The 31st Annual Croquet Match:
U.S. Naval Academy Ends St. John's College's Winning Streak
An Annual Rite of Spring: St. John’s-U.S. Naval Academy Croquet Match
31st AnnualSt. John's–U.S. Naval Academy Croquet Match
Media Advisory: Croquet 2013
Safety Wins at the 31st Annual St. John's–U.S. Naval Academy Croquet Match
To ensure a grand, family-friendly lawn party, please note the new ground rules:
Food and alcohol:
- No outside alcohol permitted on campus.
- Food and soft drinks will be available for cash purchase on campus.
- There will be cash bars for champagne, wine, and beer.
- Grills are not permitted on campus.
- Coolers and bags are subject to inspection.
- There will be six designated entrances to the match site.
- Guests are not permitted to set up spaces before 10 a.m. on the morning of the match.
- Only lawn chairs, blankets, and tables lower than two feet are permitted in the area around the match site.
- No pets allowed.
- We ask guests to kindly remove all trash from their spaces and leave in designated areas.
- All personal items must be removed from the campus by 7 p.m. or they become the property of St. John's College.
Tents are allowed in designated areas and by permit only. There is a fee for tent spaces ($25 for SJC alumni and $50 for non-alumni). Spaces are reserved on a first come, first served basis and only one space per applicant is permitted. Registration required. Tent space registration will open on March 1, and end April 12, 2013.